/*HaloScan comment script ----------------------------------------------- */

Cogito Ergo Blog

I doubt therefore, I can blog....

Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

Techie, overworked, married, uh-huh

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I-Day

As reported by the TOI.


Why do I find this unsurprising? No doubt, some government employee must have sold, discarded or otherwise gotten rid of the flags in question. Some babu in the post-Independence age must have neglected to issue any directions how and where to store the flags. Worse still - but more believable, nevertheless - that babu must have never realised the significance of those flags.


I wonder what Ambika Soni is going to get by initiating a witch-hunt after 60 years. She's pointing to the Army. The Army was, if I may point out, on 14 August 1947, possibly more confused about what to do than the ordinary man in the street. And I guess more than half of its officers were British who wouldn't have had a care in the world with what to do to with the newly-hoisted Indian flag.


So apart from a pat on the back from Mrs. G (which is very probably the hallmark of success within the Congress these days), I'm afraid all that the overzealous Ms. Soni will elicit is another mud-slinging match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home